Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 356

To: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>, <jessmd1@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 356
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:06:27 -0400
Hello Jess,

Just for your information, BN1's and BN2's 'till the end of 1955 that were
listed with "Red Trim" interiors were actually a very distinctive
combination of a bright orangey red for leather and vinyl with a more
normally perceived "red" for all Armacord, carpet, top, tonneau cover and
sidescreen material. There was no contrasting piping on the seats or
armrest. However, the red Armacord throughout was bound in the contrasting
orange shade.
It wasn't until after January '56 in the later BN2's that a red interior was
introduced that was much more of a deep crimson red, again with no
contrasting piping.
Perception of a colour from someone who isn't necessarily "up to speed" on
what is correct and what is not, could possibly have the unwary buyer paying
top money for something found later to be incorrect.
Of course to each his own and best of luck finding your dream car.
There is one here in Ontario that may be available that is exactly what you
describe. It's a BN1, Old English White with the red/orange interior,
completely finished and a Gold level Concours winner. We assembled and
trimmed out this car in 2002. The car is excellent and needs nothing. Not
going cheap, but worth every penny. Contact me if this sounds like what you
want, and I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Rich Chrysler
AHCA Hundred Registrar