Re: [Healeys] CA Model Year License Plates

To: Healey Bruce <healeybruce@roadrunner.com>, <dwflagg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] CA Model Year License Plates
From: Richard Kahn <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:57:06 -0700
They don't seem to be too bothered by the plastic cover used to distort the
numbers recorded by the camera at intersections.

> From: healeybruce@roadrunner.com> To: dwflagg@juno.com;
tahoehealey@hotmail.com> CC: healeys@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] CA
Model Year License Plates> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:38:23 -0700> > In CA, the
CHP used the reflective argument that law enforcement would be > less able to
identify the plate at night. Of course, there are so, so many > classic cars
with YOM or vintage plates being used for criminal activity and > attempting
to flee the authorities at night . . . I'm sure it surpasses > all the other
law enforcement issues out there.> > Bruce Steele> 1960 BN7> Brea, CA> -----
Original Message ----- > From: <dwflagg@juno.com>> To:
<tahoehealey@hotmail.com>> Cc: <healeys@autox.team.net>> Sent: Friday, June
13, 2008 10:12 AM> Subject: Re: [Healeys] CA Model Year License Plates> > > >
What is the issue with the plates being reflective or not?> >> > Doug> >> >> >
I read the law Len posted and it says that in July of 2009 Californians > >
may> > to> > use plates appropriate to year of manufacture. I'm not sure of
the costs > > of> > it. I personally pushed my state politicians to allow
this. I have saved> > their> > letters which were all in favor but the head of
the DVM would not budge. > > He> > felt they were unsafe because they did not
reflect at night. I gave up > > only> > to> > find out otherswere also working
on this as well. They were successful and > > I> > hope I helped. This has
actually caused a rush on flee-market used plates.> > The> > cost went up as
people are getting ready. This is way beyound a Healey > > thing> > but had
support of all car enthusiast from Hot Rod to classic mussel cars.> > Another
Rich on the List> >> >> >