[Healeys] Re-arcing Brake Shoes

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Re-arcing Brake Shoes
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:21:48 -0700
Listers,

On my last long cross-country in my BJ8, I got a little squeak from a
rear brake on hard braking; I suspect it may be time to re-shoe the ol'
hoss.

Hopefully, I can have the drums turned as they have been balanced.  If
so, I'd like to get the shoes re-arced to the new inside diameter of the
drums, but I suspect this is an arcane science that may not be widely
practiced any more.  Is this (re-arcing) recommended or necessary?  If
so, has anyone had luck finding a parts store or machinist that can do this?

TIA,
bs