[Healeys] On Route 66 to Conclave, Day 4

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] On Route 66 to Conclave, Day 4
From: Bob Brown <blkbt7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
Day 4 - Left Erick, OK a little earlier to try to beat a little afternoon
heat, no luck stopped for gas at a little Conoco station in Alleanreed, TX.
They had a GIFT SHOP, the ladies best friend. After a stop at the Cadilac
Ranch in Ammarillo, TX we pressed on. The Bugeye is running rough, hot and an
occassional loss of power. Not using oil but the engine is making noises we
don't like. A possible oil change coming soon. A strom, rain & hail hit while
we were stopped for a beverage so no time was lost and the tops continue in
their stowed position. We did a unpaved section of the origianl route this AM,
14 miles of gravel, fun but not needed, smoother faster than slower.
Temperature in Tucammari was 100 when we went through.
We stopped for the
night in Las Vegas, NM ( an old RT66 alignment) 354 miles today.
Bob