[Healeys] Escaping air!!

To: Healeys autox <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Escaping air!!
From: Paul Baker <paulbaker52@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:11:38 +0000 (GMT)
When I turn the ignition key in my 67 BJ8 and just before the fuel pump starts
clicking, there is the sound of a short burst of air escaping under pressure
coming from the region of the fuel pump.B  Its only just started making this
sound over the last few weeks and once the engine is started, which it does
just fine, the engine runs as it should.B  If I switch the engine off andB and
then restart the engine, the sound does not reappear.
The fuel pump has been on theB car since it was rebuilt in 1991.B  As I'm
getting the car ready for a trip to the Le Mans Classic in a couple of weeks I
don't want to take any chances with a dodgy pump if thats what it is.
What do you guys think it could be?
Paul Baker
67 Bj8
66 Bj8
65 Sprite

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of
new email addresses available now at Yahoo!
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html