Re: [Healeys] Escaping air!!

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget list"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Escaping air!!
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:11:21 -0700
This got me thinking ...

The SU pumps on Healeys have a check valve on the plastic housing over
the electrics.  My understanding is that this check valve allows ozone
created by arcing across the points to be exhaled (if allowed to
concentrate the points will burn even faster).

Maybe you're hearing air being pushed past a partially blocked check
valve or, as Alan suggests, escaping past the rubber or tape seal if the
valve is fully blocked.   Remove the housing and verify functioning of
the check valve.

bs