Re: [Healeys] (no subject)

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:49:21 -0600
<<The EOS that GM now sells is in a different bottle than previously and is no
loger called an oil suppliment but an assembly lubricant. Can it still be used
as an additive to boost zinc levels?>>

I would have to say yes Ken, as the bottleS I have which are close to a year
old say "E.O.S. Assembly Lubricant".

As was explained to me by my friendly Chevy Parts Dept. Manager that when it
"dried up" it was due to ONE ingrediant that messsed up production.  He said
that GM HAD secured a NEW vendor and the product would be forthcoming "possibly
re-named" by he was pretty sure it would NOT be "re-named".

That's all I know.  But I WILL be using in my carsin the future (is in
crankcase right now and I just drove the '70 Camino to Lake of The Ozarks for
the Sprite 50th Event.  900 miles R/T with about 1100 on her since last change
(total 2000) using Castrol 20W50 + EOS.  Oil still looks NEW<G>!!

Ed
'63 BJ-7 (Hortence THE Healey wearing STD IL plates    AH BJ 7    )
'70 Camino (Amber wearing STD IL plates    7 AH BJ     )