Re: [Healeys] Gas Mileage from Conclave

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gas Mileage from Conclave
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 19:14:08 +0000
Hi Gary,

I've been doing a lot of "self-help" on my speedometer lately, so I've learned
quite a bit about it.

The linkage between the cable and the odomoter and trip meter is hard gearing
so it's not likely your odometer is off (if a gear was skipping you'd read
low).    If you have lower profile tires than stock--who doesn't ;)--your
odometer would read high (the difference between a 26" dia. tire and a 25" dia.
tire would cause a 4% discrepancy, for instance).

Also, GPS indicates linear distance between pt. A and pt. B, and may not
account for small turns between two points.  However, I believe the newer GPSes
sample quite often so this may not be significant.

bs

From: Editorgary@aol.com