Re: [Healeys] 100-4 originality/assembly help please..

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>, "Paul Barnes" <fiat500f@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-4 originality/assembly help please..
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:32:49 -0400
Paul,

Here are 3 pictures showing this area. The alloy trim is meant to
cap over the area remaining where the end of the cockpit rail doesn't cover.
The piping (note the colours dependent on what you colour scheme is on your
car) comes up the edge of the alloy trim and the top most 1 1/2" has the
core removed to allow the piping to pinch flat and disappear into the final
upsweep of the alloy trim.
There will be excess width and height of alloy plate that will need to be
carefully cut and filed away for best fit for your particular car.

The inside trim panel will have the inner wood coming up and stopping just
short of the cockpit rail. The vinyl covering at the top of the trim panel
will continue up to finish by being pinched flat and glued under the area
the cockpit rail will cover. The inner leading edge of the trim panel will
neatly butt against the inner edge of the alloy plate.

Hope this helps.

Rich Chrysler