Re: [Healeys] synthetic oils

To: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>,healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] synthetic oils
From: <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 8:58:49 -0400
When I had my BJ8 engine rebuilt in 01, I added synthetic.  No
leaks---really----but---------I found the synthetic caused a delay---yes a
delay--in lubrication upon starting which caused a distinct engine knock till
the oil was fully distributed.  Makes no sense, since it it "more slippery",
but that is how it reacted in my car.  Took it out, added Val 20/50 VR1 racing
oil and never any more knocking upon starting.
tom