Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey or Austin?

To: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey or Austin?
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:42:00 +0800
Tadek -

Austin was the company which supplied the drivetrain and took care of all
the factory records and sold the cars through their dealerships, so it is
essentially an Austin.  Just register it as an Austin.  Healey was Donald
Healey who was responsible for the design and the chassis.  Think of it as
an Alfa Zagato or a Shelby Mustang.  It is an Austin from a factory and
sales perspective.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1