Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey or Austin?

To: "'Rich C'" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, "'Tadeusz Malkiewicz'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey or Austin?
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:15:44 +1000
G'day

Well!!!!! Not quite a 100% correct. The name of the actual marque and make
of car shown in the timeline of British cars is Austin-Healey. 100, 100/6
and 3000 are models.

It was a registered name. Austin was a separate name and manufacturer as was
Healey.

There was only one ever Healey 100 that was changed over night to an
Austin-Healey 100. Plus Healey cars are very different again.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

1947 Healey Duncan (It's a Healey car and Duncan is the model)
1954 Austin-Healey 100 BN3/1 (It's an Austin-Healey and 100 BN3/1 model)