[Healeys] Brake Question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Brake Question
From: philritten@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:13:26 -0400
All,

The shop that was working on my brakes told me that they had adjusted my brakes
( 4 wheel drum) out as far as they could, and that the reason the pedal won't
come all the way to the top is that the drums are worn from 50 years of use
(it's firm and almost all the way to the top). Is that possible? They said that
drums are often good for only three sets of pads. If so, do you eventually have
to put a lining in the drum as the drums are no longer made? I've never heard
that drums could wear out. I thought the only way was if they were "turned". I
know that in the old (!) days there were rivets on the pads which could cause
damage.

Thanks in advance,
Phil