[Healeys] Lucas Generators

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Lucas Generators
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:18:42 +1000
Dont underestimate the uncontrolled output capacity of our generarors. The max.
output as controlled by the voltage regulator is one figure. Uncontrolled is a
different figure.I have had a generator shed all the solder and unwrap the
wires from the communtator from excess heat/voltage when the control system
failed and presumeably I had a dead short to earth. The generator was scrap.
Also remember the voltage regulator does two things, it limits max. output of
the generator and it then switches the electrical volts/amps to either the
battery until it is 'full' or into the cars units demanding powere if the
battery capacity is insufficient. The battery is an accumulator of power as
well as a source of power.

Joe