Re: [Healeys] mig welding shroud gary

To: "patrick harris" <rotaryman@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] mig welding shroud gary
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:18:29 -0700
Hi All,

Works well on castings and such but I don't think I'd repair a Healey shroud
with the stuff, though I guess you could.  You can also repair the shroud by
using old beer cans and pop rivets and lots of Bondo but I wouldn't do that
either. Although the DPO of my car did something very similar.

I believe that Healey should aluminum is closer to 1100 not 3003.  It's soft
stuff.

My welder used pieces of old shroud cut into strips with his TIG welder.

Anyway for those interested he is the information:

*Aluminum Brazing Rod Co.
"Guy Kelly"
1145 Edgar Ave.
Beaumont, CA 92223