Re: [Healeys] "rare " Black 67 BJ8 on craigslist

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] "rare " Black 67 BJ8 on craigslist
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:23:30 -0700
Ed, I'm with you.
I check eBay frequently for data on BJ8s for the registry.  At one time,
there was a rash of scams involving BJ8s posted on eBay pretty much every
day.  I kept reporting them as soon as I saw them and they kept getting
removed.  I got a perverse thrill at the thought that the scammers would
wonder:  "How are they catching on so quickly?" After a few weeks, the
number of scams dropped off to only rarely.  Because I have the details on
so many BJ8s recorded and a record of the true owners, it is pretty easy to
spot the scams or to check with the owner if there is doubt.  In the case of
the black car, it looks very familiar somehow but I have been unable to
place it in the registry if it is there at all.

I'm not so familiar with craigslist, but I also thought "spam" was too mild
a word for an obvious fraud and was surprised that craigslist did not give a
"fraud" option for flagging.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry