Re: [Healeys] Battery Cable.

To: "Alan Bromfield" <alan.bromfield@virgin.net>, "Healeys Newsgroup"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Battery Cable.
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:35:53 +0800
Alan -

I have used the stock starter and generator on my BJ8 without fail for
90K miles since rebuild in 1985 and have never had a problem with
starting or charging - the starter has not been touched by a spanner
in over 20 years.  The BN1 the same, for 15K miles since I bought it
in 2002.

I don't see the need for special cabling here - the main thing is just
making sure all connections are good and the starter is in good shape
before going in.  I never over crank....

Alan

--
Sent from my mobile device

Alan