Re: [Healeys] BN1 handbrake cable

To: Peter Linn <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 handbrake cable
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:39:39 +0100
Peter and Alan

The measurement I have recorded for an original cable is

Shoulder to shoulder on the outer = 29 9/16". I am not sure what your
880mm refers to but as this comes out around 34 3/4" this seems to me to
be too long for a 100.

The part numbers are different. For example

100          1B 7361
3000      11B 5338

BMC did not change part numbers without reason and 1B 7361 went
'obsolete' and not 'superseded by' as it could have been if the later
part were suitable.

Regards

--
John Harper