Re: [Healeys] BJ7 Clutch Replacement Help

To: "'Austin Healey'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ7 Clutch Replacement Help
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:37:36 -0400
I have always raised the engine and gearbox while they were bolted together.
You have to go pretty far back with the gearbox before the first motion
shaft will be clear.  I always remove the drive shaft completely so that I
can push the tail end of the gearbox into the drive shaft tunnel.  That is
the only way that you will be able to get the gearbox far enough back so
that the first motion shaft will be clear of the clutch.  Be sure to mark
the flanges so that you can mate them up the way they were originally.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB