Re: [Healeys] 6 Volt Battery Tray Mounting

To: "stevesylvia2" <stevesylvia2@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 6 Volt Battery Tray Mounting
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:39:33 -0400
Hi Steve,

On the BN6 and BN7 two seaters they of course were originally fitted with
twin 6 volt batteries. The trays simply sit on the support brackets. The
batteries sit in the trays. There are a pair of J shaped rods whose lower
ends of the hooked J fit into slotted brackets welded to the frame. The rods
run up through the holes in the bottom of the trays, and through the moulded
top flanges of the batteries, then rubber flat washers, steel flat washers
and nuts tighten gently against the top of the battery flanges. With the
batteries securely fastened in place, the trays won't move.

Rich Chrysler