Re: [Healeys] Good news and bad news

To: ahy3000@comcast.net, Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Good news and bad news
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:33:16 -0700 (PDT)
Burt, I'm still laughing at your story.  Thanks for sharing.  It reminds me of
my experience this past Sunday. I love it when kids come up and go ape shit
over the car.  Honestly, it's hard not to notice a rally car, right?

  I dropped off my friend at her home after a long day of touring on Sunday.
As we're exiting the car in the driveway two boys - maybe 10 or 11 ride up on
their bikes.  Their enthusiasm was just overwhelming.  They loved the color,
the racing graphics.  They asked to look under the hood - I obliged.  They
asked to sit in the car - I opened the door and told them to jump in.  One of
them is sitting in the driver seat, gripping the steering wheel and making
wheel-burn out noises as I'm sure he's imagining racing down the street.  The
other in the passenger seat remarking how cool the car is.  My friend and I
stood back and let the kids enjoy their moment. Both of the boys saying how
jealous their dads will be when they find out they got to sit in a

  Cobra!  "hey Mister, is this a real Cobra"?

  "No son, it's an Austin Healey."

  "Is like an MG or something"?

  ... or something...

  I'm still laughing about it.

  Cheers,
  Carlos

ahy3000@comcast.net wrote:
  Simon,

I had the dubious distinction of winning bests "foreign" car at a local cruise
night that was 99% corvettes. The trophy even has a corvette on top! My wife
could not stop laughing saying they probably gave me the trophy so I would stop
showing up at their event.

Whatever....

BW

--