Re: [Healeys] What is deemed "Original"

To: "Dan Stromquist" <dan@warner-associates.com>, "'healeys'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] What is deemed "Original"
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:16:44 -0400
The Concours Committee decided long ago to judge each car at face value as
it is presented for inspection that day. That is to say we do not require
any past history or explanation about the car. Therefore when carefully
inspected, a score cannot suffer if what we are seeing is correct. We look
at every aspect and every item with a 60/40 split of the score in mind, 60%
being toward originality and 40% toward condition. If a part (even a major
one like the chassis) is accurate to the point where it cannot be detected
from original then obviously a deduction cannot be made. We follow this
logic throughout the scoring process.

Rich Chrysler