Re: [Healeys] BJ8 hubs on BN1

To: "Peter Linn" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 hubs on BN1
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:05:11 +0800
Peter -

The BN1 uses special thrust-ball bearings whereas the BJ8 (actually BN2s to
BJ8s) uses standard tapered roller bearings.  As such I believe the hubs &
various spacers are all shaped slightly different - you may have a tough
time finding these little weird spacers.

The best solution is to purchase the whole axle, it may add a little cost
but the swap over is very straightforward - it's a bolt on.  Don't forget
that with the BN1 axles you are going to have to fashion some sort of mount
to attach the calipers anyway - it'll be cheaper to just swap the whole lot
over if you ask me.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1