Re: [Healeys] BJ8 hubs on BN1

To: Peter Linn <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 hubs on BN1
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:25:21 +0100
Peter

I have to make some assumptions about the exact detail but I would have
thought that there was no way that this would work. The BN1 stub axles
have smaller diameter bearing areas. This all changed with the BN2 where
heavier stub axles were introduced. These heavier ones started life on
the A90 Westminster. I am not sure about BJ8 hubs but they are likely to
be the same or similar to the BN2 versions. Others who read this will
have to add more accurate details.

The BN1 had inclined ball race bearings. Later ones had taper roller.

Regards

--
John Harper