[Healeys] Rally / Upgraded Seats ?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Rally / Upgraded Seats ?
From: "Jim Lyons" <jlyons4@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:15:16 -0400
Hello All,

I am looking to upgrade the original seats in my 1966 BJ8.  I would like to
find a seat that has more comfort and adjustments for longer touring trips.
I would also like the new seat to fit on the factory seat rails so I can
easily swap back to the original factory seats for shows.

Does anyone know which seats were used in the factory Rally cars ?  There is
a photo  (pg. 44) in AUSTIN-HEALEY 100-3000 by David McLavin and Andrew
Tipping  that shows a nice looking red seat with extra side support and
front padding in a
Rally car.  There is also nice looking seat on page 101 in a Rally Replica.

Has anyone found such a seat and done the installation ?

Thanks ,

Jim