[Healeys] Conversation with Dave Russell

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Conversation with Dave Russell
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:00:44 EDT
Following learning of Dave Russell's present situation I called him today
and left a message on the answering machine for him and Marlene expressing  my
concern.  Dave called me back a little while ago and we spoke for a good
while.  Dave was both communicative and responsive, not glum and if  anything a
bit
philosophical about his situation.

I don't know anything about aphasia (difficulty in processing info and
communicating, etc) which seems to be a secondary symptom for Dave.  My  wife,
who
is a Social Worker and worked with elderly people for many years,  tells me
that it is often easier for people with aphasia to process  speech and organize
verbal responses than it is to read and write, but that in  any case the more
processing activity goes on the more likely it is for the  symptom to
dissipate, etc.

Dave told me that he is having Marlene read emails, etc. to him while he is
unable to do it himself and that he might not always be able to speak on the
phone.  Dave's email address is: _rusd@sitestar.net_
(mailto:rusd@sitestar.net)  and I'm sure he would  appreciate hearing from many
of us who have been
recipients  of his knowledge for so many years.

He is on my daily phone call list--if he can't take my call I will simply
call him back.

Best--Michael Oritt