[Healeys] BN7 Transmission Rebuild

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN7 Transmission Rebuild
From: "stevesylvia2" <stevesylvia2@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:17:15 -0700
First off, thank you all for responding to me question regarding estimates
for my extra transmission I sent on 9/20 but now that's all out the window.
My mechanic I'm dealing with, who has business for 30 plus years, opened up
the gear box of my original transmission and discovered that the teeth of
first gear had been chewed off, like somebody downshifted into first at a
high rate of speed according to him.  When he checked my extra transmission,
he said that it was in pretty bad shape too.  He told me that for starters
the cluster gear (or lay gear) as well as the first gear sliding hub need
replacing.  He has contacted everyone he can think of including his contacts
in England as well as Norman Nock and can't find replacements.  I really
don't want to go to the Toyota conversion as I've put a lot of time and
effort to stay as original as possible over the last two and a half years.
Does anyone have any suggestions who I can contact for replacement parts?
Unless I'm the only one who has ever had this problem, there's got to be
someone out there that has these parts.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated and would lead to putting another Healey back on the road.

Thanks,

Steve Meyer

'61 BN7