[Healeys] gearbox tunnel carpet fastening

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] gearbox tunnel carpet fastening
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:03:37 -0500
Fellow Healeyoids,
I'm in the middle of installing a Heritage carpet kit on my 63 BJ7.  I'm
having a hell of a time getting the gearbox tunnel carpet to fit the
contours of the tunnel..  I have to put the snaps in the carpet and I keep
having to remove and move them over a 1/4 inch here or a 1/2 inch there to
get the carpet tight.  I have given up on the snaps totally and have already
wasted too much time on them.  I will not revisit that no matter what.  It
is real bitch!  Anyway, I had a thought about installing Velcro to the
carpet back and on the dynamat which is on the tunnel and floor.  Has
anybody done this and does it work?  Thanks!

Randy

Healey Archaeologist

63 BJ7
60 BT7