[Healeys] Traficator Problem

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Traficator Problem
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:57:56 -0500
Before I  look at the traficator, I would look at the relay box on the left
( at least on my BT7) inner fender. There is an excellent diagram on the
inner front cover of Norman Nock's *Tech Talk, *although I'm sure there .are
a number of web sites with diagrams and explanations.

My right turn signal doesn't  work. I pushed the traficator lever to the
left, and checked for current at terminal eight, and found that I had
curent. That meant that the current was flowing through the trafficator to
the relay box, the problem is in the box, rather than the trafficator. If
you stand near the box and have someone move the travicator lever, you might
hear the sound of the relay closing. The wire from the traficator to the
relay box for the left hand signals is number 4. It is at the end of the box
that is pointy.I think it is on the right hand side. The terminal opposite,
8,  is for the right hand turn signal.

I have to get inside the box to clean and bend the contacts a bit to get it
to work. Most, but not all have covers that can by pried off.

Good luck,

Jack *
*
Message: 5