Re: [Healeys] big "thunk"

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] big "thunk"
From: Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:14:18 -0700
I had a similar noise issue in the right front and noted the oil level in my
idler arm was very low.  I filled it and it went away. I found the problem by
having someone work the steering wheel for play in the steering system while I
looked underneath for the source of the "thunk"

Richard of KY
1960 BN7 #440> From: healeymanjim@hansencc.net> To: healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:41:46 -0700> Subject: [Healeys] big "thunk"> > i get
a "thunk" sound from the front end(pax side as near as i can tell)and it>
seems to be getting worse. i have tightend all nuts, checked hubs, brakes,>
steering knuckles, idlers and all suspension parts. the noise seems to be the>
worst when i am moving slowly and apply the brakes fully. will do it even>
when only moving a foot or so at coasting speed. slow application of brakes>
does not cause a thunking sound. any ideas on a fix? hjim>