Re: [Healeys] Length of capillary tube - 6cyl

To: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>, Rick Swain <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Length of capillary tube - 6cyl
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:54:02 +0000
I think MOMA may send out an exchange unit if they have one on the shelf. OK I
guess if it's the right item.

Bill Lawrence
> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:42:52 -0700
> From: loftusdesign@cox.net
> To: rjswain@hotmail.com
> CC: healeys@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Length of capillary tube - 6cyl
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> Really appreciate the feedback. Another lister measured a spare that was
> 84" from back of gauge to tip of bulb. Mine from Moma was only 68". I
> couldn't find anything stamped on the nut/fitting but those get replaced
> sometime when they rebuild.
>
> Thanks also for confirming the original zinc plate copper tube.
>
> It's going back to Moma tomorrow. They said they would make it right
> (length anyway) and sounded surprised that it was off so much since they
> have done thousands of these things. I guess Murphy was around the day
> they did mine. ;)
>
> Cheers,
> John
>
> Rick Swain wrote:
>> John
>>
>> I just measured the length of the tube on the gauge for my BN4. It was
loosely coiled and taped together for storage and I didn't straighten it (I
figure the less you mess with that tube the better) but measured the coils as
carefully as I could. Anyway I got 85" from the back of the gauge to the
shoulder on the temperature bulb. That should be within an inch or so of the
actual length. When it was on the car I got couple of loops and my run from
the back of the gauge to the firewall was a gentle curve. As far as I know
it's the original gauge and the copper tube appears to be silver ie. zinc
plated.