[Healeys] Length of capillary tube - 6cyl

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Length of capillary tube - 6cyl
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:10:46 -0700
Does anyone have a spare water temp/oil pressure gauge that they could
measure the length of the spiral protected capillary tube?

I had mine rebuilt months ago and when installed can only manage one
small loop (less than 2" dia.) in front of the firewall. And thats with
the rest of the line going in a straight line from back of gauge to the
firewall opening.

I know it's too short but would like to double check the proper length
before calling them.

BTW, The concours book says the copper tube should be zinc plated. I
requested that mine be zinc plated but the vendor said they have never
had this request before (and did not zinc plate it). Who's right?
(vendor is Moma .. not some unknown source).

Cheers,
John