Re: [Healeys] Intake Manifold

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Intake Manifold
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 18:11:17 -0700
Hi, Dana -
There is a gasket between the intake and exhaust manifolds in the heat riser
area (where the intake is bolted to the exhaust), as well as between the
manifolds and the head.  If you are sure all the fasteners are removed, then
the manifold is probably stuck to the gaskets.
You can spray some penetrating oil along the joint line, rap on the manifold
with a soft mallet or piece of wood to set up vibrations, repeat, and
eventually the stuck gaskets will release.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA