Re: [Healeys] webers

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] webers
From: "pieter scheenhouwer" <pieterscheen@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:59:17 +1000
I am running triple 42DCOE webers. The smaller diameter increases air
velocity at lower engine speeds and improves low end torque. I use the car
nearly every day to get to work in city traffic and on the highway. It is
smooth and tractable with only a little spitting from the carbs when cold.
The best thing I did was fit a 123ignition distributor. It replaced the
original lucas that had been rebuilt and recurved for no vacuum advance and
fitted with electronic ignition. I have no problems with the car in any
conditions but can't give an idea on fuel economy ( I don't want to know!)
Cheers
Pieter
BJ7