Re: [Healeys] Retro radio

To: britishcars@shaw.ca, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Retro radio
From: Cynthia Nesheim <nesheim@quiknet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:58:24 -0800
Hi Bob,

This is not an inexpensive fix but it looks great and sounds
wonderful. If you still have
you original radio or can get your hands on one or a good looking
vintage, a company
  called S & M Electro Tech will put a modern am/fm radio in the
original case. The only thing different in looks
will be a small LED light on the face for FM mono, FM stereo, and AM.
We had them
add a jack for our ipod so there will also be a very small toggle
switch that you can mount
anywhere.  The jack will be out of sight so we put in a cord  that
stays in the car and we just plug in the ipod.
S & M first put the jack on the side off the radio and it
interfered with the speakers we put on the side so they nicely
moved it to the back for us. You will want to tell them were you want
the jack.
We have had our Healey for over 40 years so it has been through all
the musical formats
changes with us; AM radio, AM/FM, 8 track, cassette, sony 10 CD
changer in the truck:
but this system is the best. Most Healey guys say you only need the
roar of the engine for music
but we think having our whole music library as accompaniment makes our
California foothill Healey
driving twice as nice.

Gary and Cyndy Nesheim
1967 Austin Healey BJ8