Re: [Healeys] Weight Distribution - Front to Rear (1961 BT7).

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>, "Robert PARKER" <rd_parker@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Weight Distribution - Front to Rear (1961 BT7).
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:51:41 -0800
Years ago I bought a Road & Track publication that has every road test they
did on Austin Healeys.  (1953 - 1965)  The August 1959 issue of R & T has a
road test of a BT7.  It shows the total weight as 2820 lbs, with a
distribution of 48/52 %.  The car had a factory hard top on it.  I would
have to assume the 52% is front, and 48% rear, based on the weight of the
engine, but I could be wrong.  Normally weight dist is shown w/ the first #
= F and the second # = R.  You say yours is a "convertible"  That would be a
BJ7.  They also tested  BJ7 in the Nov 1962 issue.  They show the weight (no
hard top) as 2439 lbs, distribution 48/52.  The difference in the weights is
puzzling.  I can lift a factory hard top by my self, and I'm not that big.

John Snyder