Re: [Healeys] Weight Distribution - Front to Rear (1961 BT7).

To: <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>, Healeys Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Weight Distribution - Front to Rear (1961 BT7).
From: Kenny J <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 14:58:13 -0800
I am not sure were they got 2820 lbs for the BT-7.  Your right the hardtop
doesnt weigh over 400 lbs.  A couple years ago I weighed my 61 BT-7.  It was
exactly 1200 lbs on the front and rear axles.  No top and about 2/3 tank of
fuel.

Kenny> From: helyjohn@cablespeed.com> To: Healeys@autox.team.net;
rd_parker@juno.com> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:51:41 -0800> Subject: Re:
[Healeys] Weight Distribution - Front to Rear (1961 BT7).> > Years ago I
bought a Road & Track publication that has every road test they > did on
Austin Healeys. (1953 - 1965) The August 1959 issue of R & T has a > road test
of a BT7. It shows the total weight as 2820 lbs, with a > distribution of
48/52 %. The car had a factory hard top on it. I would > have to assume the
52% is front, and 48% rear, based on the weight of the > engine, but I could
be wrong. Normally weight dist is shown w/ the first # > = F and the second #
= R. You say yours is a "convertible" That would be a > BJ7. They also tested
BJ7 in the Nov 1962 issue. They show the weight (no > hard top) as 2439 lbs,
distribution 48/52. The difference in the weights is > puzzling. I can lift a
factory hard top by my self, and I'm not that big.> > John Snyder> > > > >
Gentlemen,> > I need to know the approximate weight distribution of a typical
bt7-that> > is, the weight on the front wheels and rears. I own a '61 BT7,
convert> > able hard top model. If anyone has this information, I would
appreciate> > it. If you have the weights with full fuel or empty, it does not
matter,> > I can accommodate the numbers. Also, if you have a later 4-seater
healey,> > that is o.k. too. I just need the approximate weights: plus or
minus> > 25-50 pounds total at the fronts and rears would be nice. I need
this> > information for a holding fixture I am working on.> > Thanks,> > Bob.>
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Healeys@autox.team.net>
theswed@hotmail.com> > http://www.team.net/archive