Re: [Healeys] driving Healeys in winter!

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] driving Healeys in winter!
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:49:05 -0500
That rings a bell - I never drove my Healey all through a Canadian winter,
but I recall having a duff starter one fall when I was holding down a
factory job saving for University.  Each night, at the end of my shift, I
would wait until the parking lot was clear then push my BT7 across the flat
lot, jump in and pop the clutch in second to start it.  This went on through
the fall, but as the temperature dropped through the season it got harder
and harder to push fast enough to start.  Finally one night in late November
I could not get it going after exhausting all the energy I had.  The rest of
the shift had gone and I ended up calling my Mum for lift at 1 AM.  After
that I had to scrape the money together for the starter - no way I was going
to face Mum's wrath again!

Mirek
60 BT7