Re: [Healeys] B/J Auction

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] B/J Auction
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:05:12 -0500
Rich, does that mean that a BJ8 with a chassis number lower than 40190 (the
first Metallic Golden Beige car, per BMIHT records) that is painted MGB
would see a 20-point deduction?
The intent of my statement was to point out that Concours will not deduct
points from any [BJ8] that is painted Metallic Golden Beige just because of
the color of the paint.  I think what your response is saying is that since
Metallic Golden Beige was a color available during the period production of
BJ8s, no deduction would be taken (which agrees with the intent of my
statement), although a deduction might be taken for a BJ7 or earlier model
painted that color.  The MGB color was not available for BJ8s built in
October 1963 -- or any of them up to chassis 40190 (January 1967).

I'm not a Concours guy, but my personal opinion is that some deduction
SHOULD be taken for ANY car not painted in the same color that it left the
factory with (and mine is Yellow over Black!).  If we're going to be sticky,
let's be sticky.  As Ed would say:  <VBG>

For the Metallic Golden Beige cars, all of the chassis numbers of the
original cars are known, so there is some basis there for tightening up on
the MGB Concours standards.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry