Re: [Healeys] Ebay gas tank

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ebay gas tank
From: tomleavy@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:34:51 +0000 (UTC)
Hi John-

I just received the aluminum tank that Jorge sells in the mail today. It was
packed in a well constructed wooden box. The aluminum tank is not an exact
repro of the original, besides being aluminum (also not original). At the
price, I opted for the aluminum tank because of the intended occasional driver
status my car will have. I am also under the impression that the aluminum
reacts less to the volatiles in the gas, and as long as they're adding alcohol
to gas, it will suspend more moisture. All good reason's to go non- stock, and
at $300 you can't beat this guy's price.B

One down side, there is some rippling which seems to be from heat distortion
during welding. Really no big deal, as I gets covered by the armacord, and the
spare tire sits on top of that. Nevertheless, I am going to inquire with the
manufacturer about getting a replacement. Good luck, Tom

Thomas Leavy
451 Branchport Ave
Oceanport, NNJ 07757
908-433-9322