Re: [Healeys] Thermo-electric choke Q

To: "Healey" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thermo-electric choke Q
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:49:33 -0500
Hi Alan,

I have one of the few Healeys (one of only 1500) to have the thermo choke.
The previous owner fitted a switch  to the dash and just left the thermo
switch in for appearance and to blank the hole.  I find it useful to be in
control of the mixture and left it that way.  Although a manual choke would
be better in that you can contol the range of mixtures as the motor warms
up, I love the novelty of the device and the fact that it represents one
attempt of the factory to move forward with their design, albeit a mistake.
I would leave the device in and if you are finding it frustrating, instal a
switch in a subtle location rather than replace the thermo switch.

cheers,

Mirek
60 BT7