Re: [Healeys] Optimas

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Optimas
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:21:39 +0800
Gary -

I've had an Optima copy (Exide Orbital) on the BJ8 for about 10 years now,
battery is still like new.  Considering that the cruddy (& likely
mal-adjusted) charging system on my BJ8 blew up a succession of three high
quality batteries (one per year) prior to buying the Orbital suggests that
the Orbital/Optima type battery is far more bullet proof, provided you don't
run it flat as you did....

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1