Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive
From: "Fred Crowley" <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 17:35:18 -0600
 I've been using an electric fan on my race Healey for many years. Gives a
me an extra 29.016532 HP, substantially improved the handling, tire wear,
brake wear, and I never break any spokes. Oooops, almost forgot. It really
does help on cooling (compared to the fan), especially racing down here in
the wonderful Republic of Texas. Another point (even tho' I've been told
it's impolite to point), is that if you do sorta', kinda', not really on
purpose of course, and entirely due to someone else's fault, scrunch (a
techie race term) the front you don't end up with the fan in the radiator.

Cheers,
Fred
Team Healey Texas