Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive

To: "'Michael Salter'" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>, "'PG'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:00:16 +1100
G'day Mike

This is an interesting thread.

The Australian company called Davis, Craig invented the thermatic fan many
years back. Now they have an electric water pump that controls the amount of
coolant flow, that when linked to an electric fan eliminates any power drain
whatsoever.

The electric pump is plumbed into the inlet hose and you do away with the
thermostat and the water pump impeller. That is what you would do for a
simple installation to an Austin-Healey, but in modern cars such as the
Corvette that has it fitted there isn't a mechanical water pump or body at
all.

Have a look at www.daviescraig.com.au if you want to know more.

Of course I am on a ridiculously high commission for every electric water
pump sold.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia