[Healeys] Falcon Exhaust Problems

To: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>, Healey Mail List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Falcon Exhaust Problems
From: David Schweninger <quenty@ntelos.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:43:37 -0500
Hello John,
Here are the pictures.
I went with the Falcon system primarily because it was the lists
opinion that Falcon had its quality problems straightened out. I
ordered this system on 2/4/08. Perhaps it had been laying around for a
while.

I sent Falcon an Email explaining the problem before I changed
anything. They did not respond.
Of the folks that have commented on the list so far. there have been
four good Bell systems, two bad Falcon. One was a minor (Seigrist) and
the other sounds like mine. One happy Falcon camper-- You.

I have to say now that the the system is on It looks great and sounds
even better.
The pictures tell the story.

Thanks,
    Dave

# 1 Flange is welded on exhaust pipe crooked                    #2
Bracket stud is about 1" off center

#3 and about 1/2" too far aft.
#4 Pipe interference

#5 pipe
interference                                                      #8
Falcon bracket location

#9 My homemade bracket                                              #7
Rear hanger W/ 1/2" spacers

#10 Corrected
pipe                                                       #6 about 1"
cut off of outside pipe