Re: [Healeys] BJ Series Door Latches (WAS door striker alert)

To: "'Rich C'" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, "'Dan Stromquist'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ Series Door Latches (WAS door striker alert)
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:54:52 -0500
Fellow Healeyoids,
I recently spot welded the 'C' shaped latch piece on my BJ7 doors.  The
doors latch but I have to slam them pretty good to get them to latch all of
the way.  I welded the knob on the 'C' so that it resembles an extra peak,
then filed it into a nice curve with a rat-tail file.  I wonder if I should
weld more on the peak or file more.  I have also moved the corresponding
stiker all around on the door pillar to every possible position.  Does
anybody have a good pic of an original unworn 'C' latch that mounts on the
door?  Thanks!

Randy
Healey-Archaeologist
63 BJ7