[Healeys] Brake Disc Stud Question

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Brake Disc Stud Question
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:19:54 -0400
I have searched the list history to no avail cause I don't really know what
the correct
wording for these studs is or ares.

So "brake disc to hub studs" is the best I can do for now.    On a  BT7
3000.

I removed the old studs from my old front wire wheel hub/disc with know real
difficulty, but
reinstalling them in the new wire wheel hub has been very interesting so far.
Hammering
on brand new wire wheel hubs is not what I had in mind when I purchased these.
Why
the studs aren't already installed in the hub in the first place is another
question for later.

When I decided that hammering the studs into place was not working at all I
moved over
to the vise to try to persuade them in with a little pressing action.   I
really thought I was
gaining some ground since the vise handle kept turning,  then suddenly my vise
decided to give it up.
One of the forged metal halves literally broke in half.   Wow,  couldn't
believe it.   That was
a huge amount of force but the stud was not moving like I thought it was.   So
, no more
vise till the stores open on Monday.

The studs are now in the freezer chillin, (contracting)  and the torch comes
out tomorrow to
warm the holes up a tad (expansion) unless someone comes up with a better
idea.
I never  had this much trouble in the past on TRs that we had to do this same
operation on.

At  $8.00 a piece for new studdly duddlies, x 10 =  $80.00.   Out of the
question.

The heat is the answer here,  right?

Or,  I noticed (per Moss) that the late BJ8s used a regular bolt in this area
instead of the serrated studs.    .94 cents a piece.
Would this be an acceptable mod in your humble opinions if I still can't get
the serrated studs in tomorrow?

Mark