Re: [Healeys] Hardtop Fasteners

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hardtop Fasteners
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:38:31 -0400
Gary - they are 8-36.  I have 10-24, 10-32, 8-32, as well as smaller sizes and
none of them work.  I have one screw that appears to be an number 8 and has 36
tpi, and it screws in all 4 holes  that hold the toggle clamp.  So unless
there is a very close BA thread (I tried 1 and 2 BA), I am pretty sure is it
8-36 I need.  This thread form is available from a few suppliers, but so far,
I have not found it in stainless (or chrome) oval Phillips head.  However, I
am still following up on a few leads - and then there is also Old Blighty to
turn to - land of the weirdest thread forms know to humans.

Thanks for replying - to John and Bill as well.

Mirek