[Healeys] Windscreen Seal or Glazing

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Windscreen Seal or Glazing
From: John H <jhomonek@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:39:45 -0400 (EDT)
Listers,

I was the lucky receipient of a cracked windshield last year at SE Classic in
Lynchburg, TN.  I am now tired of looking through the crack and want to replace
the windscreen on my BN7.  The old seal kind of looked like a rubberized
windlace material that came from M*** in '05 during my restoration.  The seal I
recently received from M*** is a smooth thicker version that basically looks
like a cut rubber band.  It does not want to cooperate because of the
thickness.  It is just too thick!

Does anyone have experience or can direct me to a source for a better, thinner
seal/glazing?  or an alternative from similar application...someone mentioned
one from a MGA at one point.

Help!

Thanks in advance,

John Homonek