[Healeys] EPA Takes First Step - Further Comment

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] EPA Takes First Step - Further Comment
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:39:44 -0700
Just to clarify, I only bring this you your attention because I know that it
will keep coming up in California and could spread elsewhere.  Anyone who is
concerned about collector/hobby/special interest cars needs to be on the watch
at all times.  There are environmentalists who will continue to persue this
matter and will claim that it must be done at all costs.  They do not care
about the unintended social and economic consequences.  They just want 100%
clean air.

A while back, AB616 caused a stir because it appeared that some of our cars
would be brought back into SMOG check.  Closer scrutiny revealed that those
vehicles exempt at the time would remain exempt.  That bill died.  However,
AB3053 is a clone of AB616 and is still in the system and currently in Senate
Appropriations.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031